Ethan David

3/17/2011-3/28/2011 Forever in our hearts

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Meeting and Ethan

Well I had arrived at Children's a little before my scheduled meeting with the team of doctors taking care of Ethan.

3pm we go into the meeting and everyone introduced themselves and we started discussing Ethan's test results.

It turns out my sweet baby boy wont have a good quality of life with the surgeries so now I am faced with having to let him go.

I feel as if this is not fair....I brought the sweetest little boy into this world only to have to let him go way to soon.

I am trying not to break down in front of everyone but slowly I feel that slipping away...I just don't want to lose my sweet baby but I don't want to further his pain. That itself makes me feel really bad.

I want to thank everyone who has stood by my side in this whole ordeal.


I am not making any decisions yet, as I need just a little bit more time with my baby boy.
This has been such a very long day and the perk of it was getting to hold my sweet baby boy...Tomorrow the media team from Children's is going to take some pictures of Ethan and I.


Please keep me and my entire family in your thoughts and prayers through this difficult time.
Melissa

4 comments:

  1. NO!! I hate to hear this honey! I don't know what to say. I am praying praying praying

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about transplant? is that an option? i am crying for you sweetie and i dont even know you. hugs to you, and hugs to sweet ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry Melissa. You and Ethan will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete