Ethan David

3/17/2011-3/28/2011 Forever in our hearts

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Well after 9 months (4 of which were a roller coaster of emotions) Ethan David arrived at 9:27 am via c-section. Weighing in at 6 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long. He has strawberry blonde hair and very handsome.

This is what I know so far..he is on a vent to stablize his breathing and is completely sedated.

He does have SLO (which is what his older brother Charles has...even though we didn't see any indication via u/s and I didn't want an amnio there was still a 25% chance he would have it.)

He has a cleft in his mouth but not the cleft lip.

and now for his heart...at 20 weeks gestation I was informed he has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. They did an echo on him shortly after getting to Akron Childrens and found that he is missing a valve in his heart..so they are evaluating on how to treat that. I called about 20 minutes ago and he is stable so far which is good.

I am waiting on the doctors to come and tell me everything that is going on, but I figured I would give a short update. Tomorrow they are gonna get me out of bed and I am going to try to see my baby.

This is an emotional time for me and I thank everyone for being there. I have my cell so any text/calls would be awesome.

Melissa

**will update after I talk with Ethan's doctors.**

4 comments:

  1. Keeping you guys in my prayers! If you don't mind me asking, what's SLO? I feel dumb for not knowing. Stay strong mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its called Smith Lemli Opitz Syndrome and they dont produce enough cholesterol...you can google it to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    Just found and read your blogs. Good to hear about Charles doing so well, and I'm so sorry that Ethan too has SLOS with so many problems.
    Will pray for you. Hang in there.

    Norma ~ Ohio (Jennifer 3/25/74 ~ 1/24/08)
    Jennifer's story, movies & memorial
    http://tinyurl.com/y9dffvj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you....keep us posted...Do you have everything you need?

    ReplyDelete